Help us keep our garden in shape by volunteering for the daily garden care roster.
Tasks include watering, pest control, pruning and compost care.
Everybody has different and sometimes changing schedules, so there is no obligation to make a regular or frequent commitment to the roster. Members can help as frequently, infrequently, regularly or sporadically as suits them. Every little bit helps.
If you’re new to the roster one of our more experienced members will be happy to show you the ropes.
Ways to sign up
- On our online roster using Google Calendar. Please contact us to gain access using the email form on the right.
- OR send us your preferred dates using the email form on the right.
- OR write your name on the paper calendar – this can be found on the shed and is handed around at monthly working bees and general meetings.
What do I need to do on my rostered day?
- Contact us beforehand for the padlock combination for the sheds
- Sign in to the garden workbook when you arrive
- It’s up to you what you choose to do, depending on the time you can spare, but if you see something that needs particular attention, go for it!
Common tasks include:
- Make a note in the diary of what you did so the next person doesn’t double-up on any tasks like pest control or compost turning. You can also note any outstanding jobs that you didn’t have time to do.
- Sign out of the workbook.
Signed up but can’t make it on the day?
Find another member to take your place or let us know.